Saturday 1 October 2016

WICKED 10: Christopher Howell


Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
 I played Doctor Dillamond from 2011 to 2013 (22 months) and I had the best time.

Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
I first saw Wicked when it opened in London. I remember the huge buzz about the show and it certainly delivered. I also remember thinking that I would never be in the show as I could not place myself in it. 

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
My best memories of my time there would be to do with the fantastic cast and audiences' there. I think Rachel Tucker's last night was absolutely incredible as she sung as if her life depended on it and the audience ate it up! I made many good friends there so there are many memories. Also, getting to work with Louise Plowright again was a joy - I miss her.


Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
Very early on, a few shows after my first performance I was doing the classroom scene and the song Something Bad with Elphaba (Rachel Tucker) - not yet used to the hooves and how to eat the meal she shared with me I somehow managed to get  my beard into my mouth which made the duet that followed quite challenging. 

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why?
If I could play any other part in the show it would have to be Madam Morrible - what a role! That dame gets to do everything while wearing amazing frocks.

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
My favourite part of the show is the Govenors Mansion scene - I think it is so well written and the twists in the story are great as it coments on human frailty and obsession - pure drama, love it!

The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 
I am looking forward to the movie and the name I would like to see in it would be of course mine. It's an exciting thought to see how the stage show will be transferred to the big screen and how the world of Oz will look.

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
Epic, Heartfelt, Iconic , Magical and Human.

Follow Christopher on Twitter: @Howellytweets

Share:
Blog Design by pipdig