Friday 30 September 2016

WICKED 10: Lillie Flynn



Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
I played Nessarose in 2012. 

Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
The first time I saw Wicked was way back in 2008 in London and I loved every second of it!

Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?
I had no idea that I would but I sure as hell wanted to be! There are very few shows that have had that impression on me.

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
The amazing cast I had the pleasure of working with at the time. They were all so brilliant and we made a good team! It was also my very first principle role so that first night was a pretty special one.

Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
There are many! But one that really sticks out is when Rachel Tucker, playing my big, green sister, forgot the Grimmerie for the Governors Mansion scene. When it got to the point where Nessa uses the book I just had to pretend I was going into some kind of trance which ended up with me looking like a crazed, gibbering mad woman......kind of the point I guess. I was trying really hard not to corpse the whole time!

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why? 
I always wanted to be a flying monkey swinging from the rafters. That always looked so fun. I loved all the animal masks and costumes. If I went back, I would want to play all the animal roles! Including the station master. And the lion.

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
Gina Beck doing Popular was always a highlight for me. She would smash that every night and was always hilariously funny. I also love how dark the whole of act 2 is. Really fun to do!

The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 
I hope they look outside the box. It would be so brilliant if they gave two unknown but super talented girls a chance to play the witches and carve out a great career. It's a very special piece and it would be such a shame for them to sell out for some huge name rather someone who actually has the talent needed for those roles. 

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
A giant, green, magical rollercoaster!

Follow Lillie on Twitter: @LillieFlynn86

Share:
Blog Design by pipdig