Thursday 1 September 2016

WICKED 10: Sarah Earnshaw


Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
I started in the ensemble, covering Glinda and Nessa, then became Standby for Glinda in my second contract. I was in the original cast and left in 2011. 

Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
Yes, I saw it on Broadway after I'd been offered the job. It was quite overwhelming watching it knowing I was about to start rehearsals. 

Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?
Not at the time, I knew and loved the songs but I hadn't been out of drama school for long, so I didn't even expect to be seen for it. At my first audition I got the wrong address and turned up at a dentist. Not the best start!

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?

I'll never forget the first preview, I've never experienced an atmosphere like that in a theatre before or since. The first time I played Glinda was terrifying but a great feeling. But I also had a brilliant time backstage and really did meet some fantastic people. 


Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
Falling over in that bubble dress. Not very elegant, it felt like it took me 2 hours to get back up!

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why?
Madame Morrible. Who wouldn't want to wear those dresses and boss everyone around!

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
Popular and For Good were favourites to perform, but it has to be Defying Gravity. 

The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 
I think Glenn Close would make a brilliant Morrible. Wouldn't it be great to see some of our West End and Broadway actors up there too.

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
Epic! 

Follow Sarah on Twitter: @SarahLEarnshaw

Share:
Blog Design by pipdig