Thursday 1 September 2016

WICKED 10: Sophie Linder-Lee


Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
I joined the company in 2010 as swing. I was understudy Glinda from 2011-2013 and Standby Glinda from 2013-2015. 

Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
I was in Mamma Mia at the time in 2006 and I went on my own on the weds matinee and saw the original cast. I was way up in the circle and everyone was teeny tiny. 

Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?
I honestly didn't. I thought it was one of those dream shows that I just wouldn't be lucky enough to crack into. I used to sing the soundtrack in my car to and from work every day for 2 months when I was working 3 jobs and living at my Mum's house. It was a life saver. 

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
It has to be the first time I went on for Glinda.  I had 90 of my friends and family in and the noise that hit me when I came down in that bubble was unreal. I'll never forget that.


Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
Oh I'm terribly clumsy and fell over all the time onstage. Once I fell over in my bubble dress and couldn't get up again. One of the lovely guards had to drag me off like a mop. 

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why?
Give me a few years and I reckon Madame Morrible would be one I'd like to give a pop. Oh and can I be Elphie for one day please? Just one, then I'm done. 

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
I used to love Thank Goodness. It was a joy to sing and act. 

The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 
Amy Adams had to be Glinda. It'll be a travesty of she's not. 

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
Full of heart and magic. 

Follow Sophie on Twitter: @SophieLinderLee



Photo credit: Darren Bell
Share:
Blog Design by pipdig