Saturday 24 September 2016

WICKED 10: Rachel Muldoon



Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
The first time I joined the cast was in '08 - '09 and I played The Witch's Mother. The second time I returned on a maternity leave that ended up being a lot longer than expected so from '13 - '15 and I played a role in the ensemble (The one with the big feather boa).

Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
I first saw Wicked in London the year it opened in 2006 and I saw Kerry Ellis on for Elphaba.

Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?
I had always felt determined that I had to be a part of Wicked one day. It's such an iconic show for our generation of theatre so when I was cast I just couldn't believe it, I was over the moon. I felt extremely lucky and proud.

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
There are too many memories to choose from, I met some of my best friends on Wicked so I'm always thankful for the treasured times with them. In terms of the show, my favourite memory has to be standing on stage with my suitcase for Kerry Ellis' last show in '09 when she ran on for her entrance during Shiz. The audience was deafening in their support and appreciation for her that we couldn't hear the music to carry on, we stood there for what felt like an eternity before everyone eventually settled down.... It was truly overwhelming and an incredibly emotional moment.

Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
Haha I have many! When I first joined the show I had a real talent for falling over and my most famed fall would have to be running on for Shiz. I was running into my spotlight, slipped on some bubble juice, fell flat on my back with the biggest bang from my suitcase and skidded the rest of the way on my back into my spot. I couldn't breathe, let alone sing, as I was laughing so hard. Everyone on stage who had seen had tears in their eyes!!! 

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why? 
I'd love to return to Wicked and play Elphaba..... never gonna happen! Maybe in 20 years time I could return as Madam Morrible, she's more my vocal range and what fun that role would be. 

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
My favourite part of the show will always be running out for the end of Defying Gravity. It always gives me shivers and you feel immensely proud seeing your cast mate up there fulfilling their dream in the most iconic part of the show. 

The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 
Meryl Streep for Morrible.

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
Iconic Green Dream 


Follow Rachel on Twitter: @RachelMuldoon

BOOK YOUR WICKED TICKETS HERE

Photo credit: Michael Shelford



Share:
Blog Design by pipdig