Friday 23 September 2016

WICKED 10: Kerry Ellis



Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
Elphaba 2007- 2009 & 2014.

Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
I never saw the show before I was in the cast , I did watch it after I left which was a whole other experience. 

Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?
 When I auditioned I didn't really know anything about the show, it was only after we opened the show in London I began to understand the passion.

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
Opening on Broadway and my final two London shows will stay with me forever, they were magical.

Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
My broom broke in the middle of a scene once and we all fell about laughing. 

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why? 
Maybe Morrible one day and possibly Glinda! 

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
There are many - the lift up to sing 'no good deed' and I think the bubble at the top of the show is magical. 

The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 
I think Meryl would make an amazing Morrible. 

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
Inspirational , magical, moving , emotional & educational. 


Follow Kerry on Twitter: @kerryjaneellis1


BOOK YOUR WICKED TICKETS HERE

Photo credit: Adam Hills

Share:
Blog Design by pipdig