Thursday 22 September 2016

WICKED 10: Nicola Brazil



Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
Wicked was my first Professional West End Job after graduating, I was honoured to get into the ensemble of such an amazing show. It's just coming to to 9 years I think.... I was part of the Second cast.



Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?

The first time I actually saw Wicked was when I was auditioning for the show, I'd seen clips and knew all the music but had not had the opportunity till that point to actually see the show in the flesh.



Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?

I'd always hoped that one day I would get to perform on that huge stage at the Apollo Victoria in the show so when the audition came up I thought, this is it , go for it girl! The audition process was amazing and a great learning experience I found the dancing quite challenging at first but the show helped me build my confidence in that department.

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
I have so many Amazing memories from the show, firstly being in position before the curtain rises for the opening and listening to the overture.... I used to love that! The funniest memory for me was Kerry Washington losing her hat before Witch Hunters and having to go on in Andy Maces Bowler Hat. I think everyone on stage at that point was trying their best to hold back the giggles! 



Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…

Probably the most embarrassing moment for me is when I was doing the ballroom cross over with Dance partner Gary when our costumes got tangled... At one point I was on my knees in my huge ballroom dress, when I did finally manage to get up I had to follow him round the stage until we were untangled! 



If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why? 

I would LOVE to return to the show, in any capacity really, I have such fond memories. Of course Glinda would be a dream come true.... I love the comedy element to her and it would be nice to be able to sing some lovely soprano vocals as the show I have been in recently have been more alto pop vocals. 
I always had classical vocal training from the age of 8 so to be able to go back to my roots and sing up in the rafters again would be amazing!!!!



Do you have a favourite part of the show?

My favourite part of the show when I was in it to perform was probably Loathing, the only problem is when that song gets into your head that's it for the rest of the day.... You can imagine how that was being in the show for a year! To watch I would probably have to say Emerald City.... That wasn't one of my finest hours in the show to perform though as I was weebling around in a Flat Head costume.... The giant clowns that enter! 



The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 

I'm sure the movie will be a huge hit, I don't really have an idea who I would cast.... I think there is a lot of undiscovered talent out there would be nice to see someone new able to showcase their talents.



If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?

Less than 5 words.... Easy Spellbinding! 


Follow Nicola on Twitter: @Nicola_Brazil


BOOK YOUR WICKED TICKETS HERE

Photo credit: Claire Grogan
Share:
Blog Design by pipdig