Thursday 29 September 2016

WICKED 10: Alex Louize Bird



Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
I was in the ensemble (pineapple hair track!) and I stayed for 3 contracts! So about 2 and a half years. 

Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
I remember everyone at college being so obsessed with Wicked that I didn't want to see it! But as third years our head of company was the resident director (Petra Siniawski) so we went to see it and my jaw was on the floor for the whole show! 

Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?
Wicked was the one show I wanted to make it into. And I was so overwhelmed that it was my first west end show as an adult at 21 years old! 

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
My best memory is the fact I got to learn the choreography from the original choreographer Wayne Cliento. It was such an incredible experience and one I will never forget. 

Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
It would have to be when the bubble juice from the bubble was so slippery on the floor that everyone was slipping and sliding underneath Glinda in the opening number!

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why? 
I've always wanted to go back to Wicked but I would always want to stay as part of the ensemble because for me the dancing is the most incredible I have ever been able to experience in a show in the West End. 

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
My favourite part as a dancer is the oz dust ballroom. But I must say as sad as it may seem every night I used to watch elphaba first flying in defying gravity. Such a goosebump moment and I couldn't help but watch from the side of stage every night!

The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 
The first I can think of is Lea Michelle as Elphaba and I know it may seem an obvious one but I do think she's a talented lady!

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
Moving, Incredible. TAKE ME BACK! 

Follow Alex on Twitter: @alexbird_


Photo credit: Nicholas Dawkes 
Share:
Blog Design by pipdig