Thursday 1 September 2016

WICKED 10: Katie Rowley Jones


Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
Nessarose, 2006-2008; 2012- present. 

Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
I never got to see Wicked before I was in it (I was in the original cast here), but I remember being given the soundtrack to listen to it and being really struck by it.

Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?
It was certainly my dream and something I threw out to the universe!

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
The buzz of opening a brand new show with so many highly accomplished performers. I felt totally alive and well and truly on my toes!

Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
Having brain freeze and forgetting my words! Luckily it happens rarely (*Katie touches wood*), but when it does, my heart goes to my mouth!

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why?
Glinda or Elphaba! They are amazing female roles.

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
Elphaba's dance. The 'Carrie' moment when she walks into the Ozdust ballroom and is laughed at by everyone, save Glinda who dances with her. Very little dialogue. I always find it really moving.

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
Thought provoking, kooky, funny, poignant.


Follow Katie on Twitter: @KRowleyJones


Share:
Blog Design by pipdig