Thursday 1 September 2016

WICKED 10: Jason Winter



Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
I was ensemble and first cover Fiyero from 2012-2013. 

Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
In February 2005 I saw it on Broadway. It blew my mind! The only time in my life I've ever been truly speechless. 

Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?
I always told myself I would be, it was a massive dream, but I don't think I ever really thought I'd get it. And I definitely never thought I'd get to play Fiyero 

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
It's hard to pick one, but I'd have to say my first shows on as Fiyero, they were the last two shows before Christmas, best present ever! 


Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
The first time we ran the opening number onstage with full lights and costumes, I ran out to sing my solo line and slipped in bubble juice, hit the deck, and had to carry on singing my line laying on the floor, completely covered by smoke. Mortified!! 

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why?
It sounds cringe but I loved my character too much, I wouldn't want to be anyone else. 

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
No-one Mourns The Wicked was always a favourite of mine, or kneeling in the smoke, singing As Long As Your Mine with the amazing girls that played Elphaba was pretty special!

The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 
No famous names, I'd like it to be made up entirely of ex cast members. Would be so special. But if we have to go for famous...Meryl Streep as Morrible would be cool. 

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
A life changing green dream!


Follow Jason on Twitter: @jaseleigh




Photo credit: Darren Bell
Share:
Blog Design by pipdig