Thursday 1 September 2016

WICKED 10: Cassidy Janson


Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
I was first cover then stand by elphaba. From 2006-08

Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
I saw it on Broadway first time with Idina. It blew me away. 

Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?
I hoped and I dreamed. And sometimes dreams come true.

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
Probably the first time I went on for elphaba. It was the best feeling. It's such a epic role and to finally get on and do it was tremendous. 

Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
In previews I fell over in the flathead costume and had to be dragged off stage. The whole cast stopped singing as they were laughing so much. 

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why?
Glinda. So I could perform Popular. Hilarious song. 

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
I loved the scene after the oz dust ball room with Glinda before popular. I think it's such a special bonding scene for the girls.

The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 
Miriam Margolyes HAS to play Morrible. I know she has to speak sing it but she it just THE BEST! 

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
A spectacle and great story. 


Follow Cassidy on Twitter: @CassidyJanson



Photo Credit: Dillon Bryden
Share:
Blog Design by pipdig