Monday 28 November 2016

The Ambassador Theatre Group (ATG) announce Tony Ball as new Chairman


29 November 2016, London: The Ambassador Theatre Group (ATG), the global leader in live theatre, is delighted to announce the appointment of a new Chairman, Tony Ball. Tony has had a long and successful career in the media and entertainment industries in the UK and internationally. His appointment follows the announcement of Mark Cornell as Group Chief Executive Officer of ATG earlier this year.

Tony is a former Chief Executive of Sky, was Chairman of the Supervisory Board at KabelDeutschland and has been a senior advisor of Providence since 2012.

Tony Ball replaces Greg Dyke who is to step down as Chairman at the end of November after seven years in the role.

Tony Ball, Chairman of ATG said: “I am hugely excited to take up this role. ATG is a British success story with great potential for further growth. I look forward to working with Mark Cornell and his team to deliver excellent live theatre for our customers and excellent results for our shareholders.


“I pay tribute to Greg Dyke who has provided great leadership over the last seven years. He will be a tough act to follow.”

Greg Dyke, outgoing Chairman of ATG stated“I decided earlier this year that it was time for me to leave after seven enjoyable and very successful years at ATG. I informed the board of my position at that time and we agreed then that I would stay on until a new Chairman was found.

“Tony Ball and I have known each other for many years. I believe he will be an excellent Chairman of ATG and I welcome his appointment. I would like to thank all the staff at ATG for the work they have done during my time as Chairman and thank them for the support they have given me over the past seven years.”

Mark Cornell, Group Chief Executive Officer of ATG commented: “We are delighted to have secured the services of Tony Ball as our Chairman. He has fantastic experience in the media industry and a track record of delivering great results. His international experience will be particularly useful as the company continues to expand internationally in order to bring the magic of an outstanding theatergoing experience to more and more customers.

“I would like to thank Greg Dyke for everything he has done for the company. He has been a great Chairman, and I know he will continue to take an active interest in the company’s development.”
Share:
Blog Design by pipdig