Sunday 2 October 2016

WICKED 10: Stevie Tate-Bauer



Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
I was in the ensemble in 2010/2011. I was also 1st cover Elphaba and 1st cover Nessarose and during my time at Wicked, I was lucky enough to go on as Elphaba twice and I lost count of how many Nessarose shows I did! Lots!

Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
I saw the Original London Cast 10 years ago at the Apollo Victoria and I was absolutely spellbound. From that day onwards, it was my aim to be in the show!

Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?
Although I had a burning passion to be in Wicked and also get to play Elphaba, it still came as quite a shock when I received the phonecall from my Agent  saying the job was mine!

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
My first show as Elphaba. I had it in my contract that I would go on and so the audience was filled with so many of my family and friends supporting me. I was overwhelmed by the whole experience and felt after that night, I really had lived my dream and felt fulfilled as an actress.

Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
When I was playing Nessa and I didn’t trigger the wheelchair to spin, so was left in the middle of the stage like a lemon, totally ruining the effect of the Elphaba’s magic trick! In fact, I think I did that a few times……..Doh!

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why? 
Ha! As I’m now reaching my late 30’s, the only role suitable would be Madame Morrible! That would be hilarious but I’d give it a good shot!

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
When I was performing in the show, the opening (No one mourns the wicked) would always give me goosebumps. Standing backstage behind the gauze as the orchestra struck up  and the ensemble hitting that first “GOOD NEWS, SHE’S DEAD!” will be an emotional yet wonderful memory that will stay with me forever.

The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 
I’d have to be biased and say Rachel Tucker as Elphaba. She was my Elphaba when I was in the show and so I got to watch her in that role every night. I truly believe she is one of the most incredible, honest and truthful Elphaba’s I have ever seen. Plus that voice!

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
Sensational, unique, beautiful, magical, special. 


Follow Stevie on Twitter: @Stevietate


Share:
Blog Design by pipdig