Thursday 1 September 2016

WICKED 10: Adam Pettigrew



Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
I played Boq during 2011-2012. 

Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
I do remember my first time seeing Wicked, I took my sister for her birthday when it first opened London and Kerry Ellis was playing Elphaba. 

Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?
After seeing the show I thought the role would be good for me, however I'm not sure I ever thought I would actually be up on stage at the Apollo Victoria until getting to the final auditions for the show. 

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
Probably doing "Come Dine With Me" between shows with Gina Beck, Matt Willis, Lillie Flynn and Christopher Howell.

Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
I luckily didn't have too many on my time in Wicked. The only one that really stands out is falling flat on my face front and center on the exit line "It's Boq, and I can't do this any more" run ... Splat! Not sure how the cast carried on once I left. 

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why? 
Boq is the only character I can see myself playing really, however if the show is still going when I reach the right age I could have a go at playing the Wizard. 

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
I think the end of act one is pretty special. The energy the score gives really gets you excited, and getting to hear Rachel Tucker belt out Defying Gravity 8 times a week was a real treat.

The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 
I would love to see some talented musical theatre performers used in the film. Performing in musicals is not as easy as we make it look and those songs need not only brilliant singers, but also great actors to make them work. Trained musical theatre performers have a much deeper understanding of acting through song and how to make singing and dancing look like a normal thing to do. 

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
Magical, Epic and Green! 


Photo credit: MUG photography
Share:
Blog Design by pipdig