Tuesday 27 September 2016

WICKED 10: Sabrina Carter



Firstly, tell us what part you played and what year(s) you were in the company! 
I was Phfanee and 1st cover Elphaba. I was part of the company for 2 contracts (just short of 18 months). 
Do you remember seeing WICKED for the first time? When and where was it?
I hadn't actually seen the show until I was auditioning for it. I think it was my before my 2nd audition (of 3 recalls). 

Did you ever think you’d be in the show one day?
Well, you can but hope. I remember hearing defying gravity for the first time and thinking how magnificent it was. At college I used to sing it all the time and then the chance came out of the blue to audition for it. 

What is your best memory from your time at WICKED?
It was my 1st big (London) professional job. The whole thing was such an eye opening experience. As a performer you dream of working in the West End so to be there and covering one of the biggest parts in musical theatre was extraordinary. My favourite ever moment was when I got to play Elphaba from start to finish (as my 1st show was mid way through a matinee) but that night it was my part. Retrospectively, it was such a massive moment for me. To share that stage with Dianne Pilkington (who in my opinion is one of thee finest actresses I've ever worked with) and my friends in the ensemble was a dream. 

Tell us one embarrassing story from your time in the show…
In a show like that you have many; from falling over, from a wig falling off, to fresh air coming out instead of the note at the end of 'I'm not that girl' #cringe!

If you could return to WICKED and play any other character, which would it be and why? 
I love Glinda. She's such a wonderfully flawed character. 

Do you have a favourite part of the show?
I have a few; I love when Elphaba discovers who and what the wizard really is & over the years I've really come to love the realisations made and told in 'Thank Goodness'. 

The WICKED movie has confirmed its release date, is there any famous names you’d like to see in it? 
Elphaba- Zoe Dechanel (maybe too old), Fiyero- Richard Madden, Glinda- Margot Robbie, Wizard- Gary Oldman & Morrible - Meryl Streep. 

If you could describe WICKED in less than 5 words, what would they be?
Thrilling, Exciting, Moving, Dynamic & Big! 

Follow Sabrina on Twitter: @Sabrinacarter29


Photo credit: Darren Bell
Share:
Blog Design by pipdig