Sunday 29 June 2014

10 of the best Tony Award acceptance speeches

Karen Olivo | Best Featured Actress in a Musical for West Side Story

"I just want to dedicate this to everyone who has a dream" 



Aura McDonald | Best Actress in a Play for Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill

"I want to thank my Mom and Dad.. for disobeying the Doctors orders and not medicating their hyperactive daughter..."



Lin-Manuel Miranda | Best Score for In The Heights 

"I used to dream about this moment now I'm in it" 



Lena Hall | Best Featured Actress in s Musical for Hedwig and the Angry Inch 

"I want to thank my Sister...She did my hair" 



Cyndi Lauper | Best Score for Kinky Boots

"I'm so glad I was done with the dishes"



Steve Kazee | Best Actor in a Musical for Once

"This cast has carried me around and made me feel alive" 



Idina Menzel | Best Actress in a Musical for Wicked

"I feel like the biggest loser!"



Kristin Chenoweth | Best Featured Actress in a Musical for You're a Good Man Charlie Brown

"I've never changed my clothes so fast in my life"



Christian Hoff | Best Featured Actor in a Musical for Jersey Boys

"Papa, this is for us!" 



Nikki M. James | Best Featured Actress in a Musical for The Book of Mormon 

"They're saying wrap it up but I will not leave this stage!" 



And the Award for the strangest speeches goes to.... 

Alice Ripley and Mark Rylance. 




Share:
Blog Design by pipdig